Sign in to follow this  
xfred12

Howto edit the content of the filename when saving ?

Hi,

I remember when saving a flight plan that the filename contained the departure AND  the destination airport name with the kind of flight rules used (VFR or IFR).

Now when I save a plan, I get only a filename with the departure airport name, and I have to manually edit the filename.

Can I change this behaviour ?

Thanks for help.

Options on page Flight Plan. Chapter "46.11.2. Pattern for default flight plan names".

Are you sure that you did not change this accidentally?
I'm asking because this might be a bug in LNM if the update corrupts the flight plan name pattern.

Alex

What du you mean by "accidentally change this" ?

I am a regular user and do the updates of LNM. I am not changing anything in this program.

I will install LNM to another machine to check this "behaviour ".

Sorry, I did not see the "option". I am not at my computer right now. I will have a look and let you know.

Thank you.

Flight plan naming works fine for me in the newest version of LNM. I wonder what sim and version is being used.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

These things could be accidentally changed by user in LNM.

I remember when I'd accidentally changed something in LNM (even I don't know what it was), that fix names, altitude and speed constraints were displayed on the map as double text for approach procedures in case of points/fixes that are used together in both segments - approach and missed approach. Button "Show missed approach ...." doesn't solve this problem, double names and constraints are still visible on the map when this problem occurs.

Long I couldn't find the solution but total reset helped (as usually in such situations) ;D

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

19 hours ago, xfred12 said:

What du you mean by "accidentally change this" ?

Can happen to click on the wrong option but I have also seen/read by people who simply click around and change options without even looking what they are changing. Even ignoring warning dialogs without reading the content and so on.

Not accusing you of anything.🙂 You seem to use the better approach of not changing anything at all.

I have the habit to look around in options and menus when using a new program. I remember what can be changed but leave all as it is.

I also asked because it might be a bug in LNM.

I really recommend to look at the small help windows (tooltips) which show up if you hover the mouse over a button.

3 hours ago, ppgas said:

Button "Show missed approach ...." doesn't solve this problem, double names and constraints are still visible on the map when this problem occurs.

I think I fixed a bug recently where tooltips and more for missed stayed on the map while hiding missed approaches.

Alex

17 minutes ago, albar965 said:

I think I fixed a bug recently where tooltips and more for missed stayed on the map while hiding missed approaches.

I think it could be a kind of gremlin hidden inside outdated .ini file - as I remember LNM settings weren't reset for a long time.

The most important - since  reset everything is ok 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).