Sign in to follow this  
kapitan

inflating lift when Flap applied fixed, but should it be?

Last week I briefly saw long thread about people complaining on a "lift effect when applying flaps" 

I was confused cause thats exactly what flaps do. Then MS released a HF for this prior to update fix

Now Im flying in GA plane and when lower flaps I see no noticable forces acting on the plane (speed doesnt drop, nose doesn slightly go up without pressure, Vsi slight climb if no pressure applied) all symptoms you see in real life when activating flaps.

Im I mistaken? when flaps are set its normal to see the plane inflating in lift a bit... 

why were people complaining and demanding a fix? its true I wasnt flying much before update3 so maybe there was something wrong

As a RW pilot, I thought the flap response was pretty accurate in the original sim.  When they messed it up, I had to apply the freeware fix for a while and now it has been fixed properly, it seems accurate again. I'm not seeing too many complaints about it being an issue, so maybe you are expecting to see something that should not be there.  In all honesty, only someone who flies in the RW can attest to it's accuracy.  I can tell you that it is better than FSX and I didn't find FSX too bad.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Yes, I have a PP license and when you apply flaps there is an increase in lift, if dont do anything the VSI tends to go up.

I dont see that effect in the sim anymore, as i said, i wasnt flying much before the fix so i dont know what people referrred to as being wrong. If it was for an increase in lift it wasnt wrong at all. Nice if other RW come forward to comment. As for everybody being happy now...well, xbox users and vast majority arent RW pilots so not surprised

Edit> checked again in another aircraft default Caravan and now i feel the flap effects, it seems it was poor only in a third party 

Edited by kapitan