Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Nice new feature in FSX

Guest GA Flyer

If you change the tail number of the (I've only tired it in the Beaver but feel its the same will all the default a/c) plane it also changes the plaque on the dash board in the vc. I believe this is a new feature.

Yep, there were addon gauges in the past that could do this, but its the first time we've included it on default A/C. The main reason this was included (although it was a good idea on its own) was for the Tower Controller mode in Multiplayer - the tower controller sees folks with their tail numbers on the map and would call them using those tail nums on the radio, and in testing, nobody knew what their tail number was (unless they looked in the Select Aircraft dialog before joining the game), so we added the plaque :->Tim

Guest GA Flyer

Its a great new feature that you dont notice right away. When I tested it and saw how clear the default tail number reads on the panel I felt like it was a 50/50 chance that it was going to change when I put in a new #. It just looked so clean that I thought it might just be drawn on and not a "gauge". But since all the other gauges are also so clean and crisp I decided to change the # and was very pleased with the out come. I did mean a first for default because I also noticed it change on the outside of the a/c and that feature we've had since FS2k2 I believe.I like to fly many different a/c and with this gaige you can put your flight number in its place and engage the use flight number feature. Thats very helpful for those who like to replicate real world flights and are always using new flight #'s.

How do you do that within FSX?

Dave Taylor gb.png