Sign in to follow this  
Wingnut_84

PAPI and (some) Runway Lights not working with EA off

Hi folks. I'm aware that Simbol released an AILRP update some time back to resolve this issue, however for whatever reason, I'm still experiencing missing PAPI and (some) runway lights when EA is turned off. I discovered it recently during my first night flight since installing P3Dv5 HF1 (from scratch) late last year. I have many (many) add-ons installed including Envshade/Envtex (all up-to-date), AILRP (latest version 1.30), ASP3D (latest version) and a plethora of Orbx and 3rd party scenery addons - everything is up to date. I posted a question about my problem in the general AVSIM P3D forum and Simbol kindly suggested that perhaps "Envshade hasn't taken my changes.. disable Evnshade temporally and see if that resolves it?" Unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem.

The easy thing to do would be to leave EA enabled, but I don’t like EA and prefer the ASP3D+Envshade combination at this juncture. Like all these things, my problem is likely caused by something simple but it has me stumped atm. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Any suggestions for fault finding? Regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Do the following, open AILRP configuration and select default scaling technique. Check if that resolves it.. if it does, then re-check FSreborn HD or 4K and see if it comes back. This would just allow you to test if AILRP is causing this, also confirm you are running AILRP 1.30

While you are doing these tests, please leave Evenshade disabled so you can isolate the cause.

Regards,

S.

Hi Simbol. Finally had time to do your suggested fault finding and yes, I am running v1.30 of your fabulous addon. Unfortunately the problem persists regardless of AILRP settings. I also performed a P3D Client repair to reset shaders, and deleted all the Envshade related files and folders I could find with ‘TOGA’ in their name. I can’t help but wonder if Envshade has messed something up deeper with P3D’s config. 

8 hours ago, Wingnut_84 said:

Hi Simbol. Finally had time to do your suggested fault finding and yes, I am running v1.30 of your fabulous addon. Unfortunately the problem persists regardless of AILRP settings. I also performed a P3D Client repair to reset shaders, and deleted all the Envshade related files and folders I could find with ‘TOGA’ in their name. I can’t help but wonder if Envshade has messed something up deeper with P3D’s config. 

So, even with AILRP disabled you see this issue? 

Hi Simbol. I followed your instructions re: AILRP settings (and then reset AIRLP settings to default and also restored the original AI lights) and the problem persists. The only thing I haven’t done is uninstall AILRP and see if that fixes that problem, but I can’t see how they would do anything different? Maybe I have to live with EA on for night flying as I really don’t want to do a full reinstall of P3D and my squillions of add ons! 

If with AILRP using P3D default scaling you still experience this, it means it is not caused by AILRP.

Can you unistall Evenshade to test?

S.

Hi Simbol. Apologies for the slow updates, my opportunities to enjoy my favourite hobby are limited atm. Unfortunately, the problem persists with AILRP using P3D default scaling AND Envshade uninstalled. Probably not much more you can do and I thank you for the help you've already provided. The only thing I haven't tried (lately) is reinstalling AILRP - might give that a shot. Regards, Alex

41 minutes ago, Wingnut_84 said:

Hi Simbol. Apologies for the slow updates, my opportunities to enjoy my favourite hobby are limited atm. Unfortunately, the problem persists with AILRP using P3D default scaling AND Envshade uninstalled. Probably not much more you can do and I thank you for the help you've already provided. The only thing I haven't tried (lately) is reinstalling AILRP - might give that a shot. Regards, Alex

If AIRLP is on default and this persist.. it means it is not caused by AILRP.. you must have an underline issue with your base simulator.

Run a client repair and a content repair.. try again..

S.