Sign in to follow this  
JonP01

Beaver versus Commanche frame rates

Hi, I bought the Milviz Beaver about a month ago. I love it and frame rates are surprisingly acceptable on my middle of the road (for 2019) machine. I am looking at possibly purchasing the Commanche as I would like a smaller twin to complement it so as to open up the possibility longer (and faster) trips over my ORBX scenery.

For those who have experience with both (or if Milviz themselves can advise), would I achieve comparable frame rates with the Commanche as I do the Beaver For what it is worth (or not) I would be running it in a configuration without any GPS but with the KAP140 autopilot.

Thank you!

While not in a position to compare the Comanche with the DHC2 I can suggest the C310 as a piston twin that would have even higher framerates than the Beaver for a number of reasons ,like boned animations and a myriad of hidden parts add to the texture overhead and memory usage .

Best CJ

Yes, you certainly can suggest it. Never actually considered it so thank you.

I have the MilViz Beaver, Comanche, Cessna 310R Redux and others as well. All work pretty well on my low end system except for the KA350i. I have an Intel i5-7400 processor, 16gb RAM and a GeForce GTX 1060 3gb video card. The PA-30 Twin Comanche (aka Twinkie) is nicely modeled but I recommend the 310R as well. It’s not much harder to learn, is faster, and has some deice capabilities whereas the Twinkie has none. Keep in mind that neither of these are P3DV5 compatible and there’s no telling when, or if, they will be. I’m sticking with P3DV4.5 specifically for my MilViz fleet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

Thank you very much for the excellent feedback. I am with FSX Steam and likely won't be changing sims one way or another for a very long time. But if and when I eventually do it will probably be P3D.

• Like 1