Sign in to follow this  
dcrandall

FSX Appalachian Trail Adventure

Welcome to the Appalachian Trail Adventure. This a series of 13 missions which follows a dirt path thru 13 states along the famous Appalachian Trail in the eastern United States. Start the mission in Georgia and follow it north to Maine. From the avsim library you will need download and install the Appalachian Trail Scenery from FSX scenery page and the Appalachian Trail Adventure from the FSX Mission page. I am using Instant Scenery along with MegaSceneryEarth to create land classes, lakes ,rivers and roads as close as I can to the real scenery about  one mile around the trail as FSX will allow. In these missions you will need to find all the shelters on the trail. After you reach the end of each mission you will receive a reward for completing that state then start the next state. You will these missions in Maine. Thu-hikers log their experience on the trail in the Appalachian Trail log book. I ask if you please log your completion of this mission here.

I am currently testing the missions and hope to release these files here in May 2021

Edited by dcrandall
  • Like 1

Just uploaded scenery and missions to avsim. If you had installed all my previous AT missions. THANK YOU for your interest. I know that you where waiting patiently for the Georgia section and I THANK YOU for your patients. I have redone the entire missions and put it all into one upload. The scenery was improved using Megascenery for land class as close as I can get it in FSX around a 1 mile radius of the trail. The scenery is in a separated upload. If you any question, please contact me. Your interest in this adventure is greatly appreciated. Here are the uploads:

appalachian_trail__mission.zip
fsx_appalachian_trail_scenery.zip
fs9_applalachain_trail_scenery.zip ( for all you FS9 fans, yes I still use FS9)

• Like 2