Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

Oculus Quest 2

I have purchased the Oculus Quest 2 and have found some problems that I hope some-one may be able to offer advice.

Firstly, in X-Plane 11 (not the Steam version) but standalone and updated to the latest version, I have found that the view from the cockpit looking at the scenery is not at all good, fuzzy is the best way  I can describe it.  Performance is around 25-35fps though have yet to try it in the London area.  Before going into X-Plane I click on the Oculus Link and just wonder whether I should bypass that as when I try to calibrate the hand controllers on a certain aircraft X-Plane freezes and I have to come out of VR and exit the sim.  I do get a warning when trying to calibrate 'Missing Essential VR Axis VR Touchpad X' but this is really annoying as it is working and able to use it another message comes up with something like unable to connect to Rift Controller.  Now why is it referring to a Rift Controller when it is a Quest Controller? unless of course it is reading it through the Oculus Link.

I would be extremely grateful if any-one is able to help me out with the Quest 2 as when I researched it on YouTube in 'Through the Lens' it appears much clearer than I  am getting.  Incidentally, I usually wear glasses but even with the spacer for glasses I have found that my glasses hit the lens so now do not wear my glasses but this has nothing to do with the fuzzy scenery as tried with and without.

Also, would be grateful for NVidia setup for VR.

My specs are:

CPU i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz Not Overclocked

RAM 32.0GB

RTX2070 Not Overclocked

If any-one can offer help and advice that would be great.

Regards

Nigel.

Edited by Nigel

Just an update on my questions firstly, I have found a way around X-Plane 11 freezing when I try to calibrate the controllers or even when selecting an aircraft that has not had the controllers calibrated and that was to delete nearly all the aircraft profiles apart from the ones that worked then selected new profile and saved it as to what aircraft I was assigning it to, all I had to do then was delete some functions to suit certain aircraft so have at least sorted one problem but still need help on what settings I need for improved performance and visuals.

Regards

Nigel.

Edited by Nigel