Sign in to follow this  
Mattie941

Model Matching

Hi guys,

I'm somehow managed to corrupt a few of my aircraft.cfg files from the FLAi model matching data I have. I know I'm asking a lot, but could someone please send me the aircraft.cfg files for the below aircraft? I have the IP problematic stuff like models and repaints, I just need the aircraft.cfg files. Please please please can someone do me a huge favor? 

• CRJ2
  • B789
  • B738
  • AT45
  • AT75
  • A320

UKV1260spacer.png

I did a bit of research and this is clearly a gray area, copyright-wise.  There is a lot of debate regarding sharing original cfg files versus sharing cfg tweaks.  I suspect that may be why your question has not had any responses; people are unsure what is allowed in this case.

I did some research and found some tips that may help.  I have not actually tried these myself.

• Depending on how your Windows OS is configured, you may have previous (i.e. uncorrupted) versions of the aircraft.cfg files.
    • Find an aircraft.cfg file.
    • Right-click > Properties > Previous Versions tab
  • Run the FSX repair.  Apparently requires physical installation disks and what exactly is repaired is a subject of debate.
  • Run Windows system restore.  Depending on what you've done since the last restore point, this may affect more that just FSX.
  • Each aircraft is different, but you can find the default aircraft.cfg settings here and here.
  • Uninstall and re-install FSX.  Before doing that, backup addons and individual FSX files that you want to keep.

I hope this info helps resolve your issue.

Thanks for the response. I have the default aircraft.cfg from the model. The gold nugget is the [flightsim.X] sections of the FLAi aircraft.cfg files because that needs to match the VMR file that I also have. It's tricky and extremely time consuming trying to recreate that. 

I understand that it could be a grey area with regards to IP. However, since I already have the models, repaints and core aircraft.cfg text, I didn't think it would be an issue.

Thanks anyway.

UKV1260spacer.png