Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

CRJ Autopilot Bug or Asobo

I've done about 5-7 flights so far in the CRJ and had this happen yesterday for the first time while on Vatsim.  I did a Toga take off and after i cleaned up the flaps, put the throttle in the climb detent.  During the entire climb regardless if i was in speed mode, V/S or VNAV, the plane would pitch up 20-30 degrees and i would lose speed.  I was trying to get to FL260 and by the time it got there, the plane kept pitching up and I'd lose speed, even with max thrust.  I figure this is an Asobo issue or something because I know there are some default AP issues.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this.  I had to shut down during mid flight because it was impossible to control and I was on Vatsim. I disengaged the AP and engaged it back, and it couldn't get back to normal.  The FMC was programmed correctly as was may load.   

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Were you flying through a lot of clouds by chance?  I experienced this yesterday departing KDCA and climbing through an incredibly thick layer of clouds extending continuously from about 600ft to FL380.

There’s a thread over at the Aerosoft forum discussing this type of issue and apparently it comes down to the overdone Asobo icing effect and the significant extra weight it places on the airframe (even if not visibly).  The recommendation was to turn on anti-ice before entering clouds as a work around for now.  I haven’t tried it yet to see if it works.

I had a similar issue in the WT CJ4 some time ago, very sluggish to climb no matter what I did and that thing is normally a rocket ship!  I feel like it’s likely the same issue.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Actually, yes I was.  There was precipitation out of KSYR so I bet that was the cause.  I flipped on the anti ice but my guess it that i did that too late.  Thanks for confirming! 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive