Sign in to follow this  
pa28_pilot

AAO - MSFS Battery Master

Hi All,

Purchased AAO today and got my head around most of it but I cannot seem to set the battery switch on my honeycomb alpha yoke properly.

The only option I can find is to toggle the battery master within MSFS but I need one that sets it either on or off rather than a toggle.

Is there a workaround for this or is the only option to still map this within MSFS?

Regards,

Andrew

12 minutes ago, chitty210589 said:

Hi All,

Purchased AAO today and got my head around most of it but I cannot seem to set the battery switch on my honeycomb alpha yoke properly.

The only option I can find is to toggle the battery master within MSFS but I need one that sets it either on or off rather than a toggle.

Is there a workaround for this or is the only option to still map this within MSFS?

Regards,

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

that depends on the aircraft that you are trying to operate.

For example, this AAO RPN script switches the battery 1 ON in the FBW Airbus:

(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_10_PB_IS_AUTO,·Number)·0·==·if{·10·6·(>K:2:ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE)·1·(>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_10_PB_IS_AUTO,·Number)·}·

But that will be completely different in another plane. Currently the best resource for the required LVars and HVars is the AxisAndOhs thread on the "official forum". Plus, collections of scripts are starting to appear on "flightsim dot to" too.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

On 3/29/2021 at 8:05 PM, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Andrew,

that depends on the aircraft that you are trying to operate.

For example, this AAO RPN script switches the battery 1 ON in the FBW Airbus:

(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_10_PB_IS_AUTO,·Number)·0·==·if{·10·6·(>K:2:ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE)·1·(>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_10_PB_IS_AUTO,·Number)·}·

But that will be completely different in another plane. Currently the best resource for the required LVars and HVars is the AxisAndOhs thread on the "official forum". Plus, collections of scripts are starting to appear on "flightsim dot to" too.

Hi Oliver,

I want to switch from the Experimental FBW Version to the Dev version with the StreamDeck from Guenseli. Poorly not everything works. Batteries for example. In the Exp version your code works perfectly, but with the Dev version I guess it has to be A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO and A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO because the 10 and 11 variables don't change, clicking the battery button.

What I don't understand, what does 10·6·(>K:2:ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE) exactly do? I know, it does much (controlled by the variables in front of it), but I can't find a file where I can see what index do what. Is 10 right in this case? Or has to be a 1, when I change the BAT_10 to BAT_1?

I don't know what I change, when I change something and so I don't know if it is important or not...

59 minutes ago, sschw said:

What I don't understand, what does 10·6·(>K:2:ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE) exactly do?

There is no documentation for this. I can only assume that this does what it says - it connects two electrical buses, like a circuit breaker. 10 is the "battery bus id", 6 is the "hot battery bus id". 

The battery bus IDs you will find in XML code. Starting from the component, you follow the sequence of templates that are in use until you find the tag definitions

For example, in the Template "FBW_Airbus_Battery_Master_Switch" you will find this command:

#BATTERY_BUS_ID# #HOT_BATTERY_BUS_ID# (>K:2:ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE)

So there must be tags
<BATTERY_BUS_ID>10</BATTERY_BUS_ID>
<HOT_BATTERY_BUS_ID>6</HOT_BATTERY_BUS_ID>

in the templates/components that call it. In this case, this is easy, because the component uses them directly:

<Component ID="OVERHEAD">
            <Component ID="Overhead_Electricals">
                <DefaultTemplateParameters>
                    <TYPE>AIRBUS</TYPE>
                </DefaultTemplateParameters>

<UseTemplate Name="FBW_Airbus_Battery_Master_Switch">
                    <NODE_ID>PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1</NODE_ID>
                    <PART_ID>BATTERY_MASTER_SWITCH_1</PART_ID>
                    <ID>1</ID>
                    <BATTERY_BUS_ID>10</BATTERY_BUS_ID>
                    <SEQ2_EMISSIVE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>False</SEQ2_EMISSIVE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>
                    <SEQ1_CODE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>False</SEQ1_CODE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>
                    <SEQ2_CODE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>False</SEQ2_CODE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>
                </UseTemplate>

<UseTemplate Name="FBW_Airbus_Battery_Master_Switch">
                    <NODE_ID>PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2</NODE_ID>
                    <PART_ID>BATTERY_MASTER_SWITCH_2</PART_ID>
                    <ID>2</ID>
                    <BATTERY_BUS_ID>11</BATTERY_BUS_ID>
                    <SEQ2_EMISSIVE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>False</SEQ2_EMISSIVE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>
                    <SEQ1_CODE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>False</SEQ1_CODE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>
                    <SEQ2_CODE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>False</SEQ2_CODE_DRIVES_VISIBILITY>
                </UseTemplate>

Normally, you have to follow a trail of Template breadcrumbs across several additional files until you find them.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

ok, reading that helps a lot. For other things, too.

But right now I fight with "collection failed" when I want to collect the LVars in AAO and I am a bit confused why. I started AAO as admin (as always), the sim is running, ... well, I will figure it out. Thank you very much for your fast help!

Make sure that the WASM module is present in your community folder. It is in the package "lorbysi-content-hooks"

LORBY-SI

On 3/30/2021 at 4:55 AM, chitty210589 said:

Hi All,

Regards,

Andrew

There is MASTER_BATTERY_ON ()
and MASTER_BATTERY_OFF ()
in the "Undocumented" list.  

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.