Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Claude

Change the language of FSX

Hi,Santa brought me a german version of FSX.Is it possible to change the language to english?If yes, how?Does somebody know?Thanks in advanceJean-Claude

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jean-Claude, this is neither a reply to your query nor a gag, but my name is also Jean-Claude, I also live in Switzerland and Santa also brought me a French version of MSFS X... So my question is like yours probably, having used the English version of FS9, I am concerned that the ATC will be in French only, and that I may have challenges to use English language add-ons (Radar Contact for example).Are my concerns justified or can I use any add-ons regardless of languages? Will ATC be in French only or can it be changed to English?Thanks for any informed feedback. FYI, I did not unpack the DVD to avoid problems if I need to change it for another version depending on the replies to the above questions.

I have the french FSX version, and the ATC chatting is all in english - even in local airport in Quebec where french should be in usage. Having said that, ATC should always be english by default as in real life - even in France.