Sign in to follow this  
jchpa32

Issues with Seneca V

I know the Seneca V has been available for some time now, but it is new to me. Bought it because it is on sale now.

My biggest issue with it is the model-the RW Seneca (any series) does NOT have a pitot tube and stall warning blades on the right wing. Only the left. Nit picky, I know, but they have usually been pretty accurate with the modelling. I am me, little things like that make me nuts. (The Justflight Arrow, same problem-pitot under both wings! Never have I seen a Piper with a pitot under the right wing. And I have flown a LOT of them RW).

I also have issues with the Carenado 430 in the number 2 position. The screen stays on the initialization page until I turn it off and then back on. ENTER does not work.And it should say COM2.

I figured out the ADF tuning, I am used to that from them.

And the beacon will not work until I turn it off and back on.

That said, I have to say the flight modelling is spot on. I do my part and set MP, RPM and lean correctly, it is SPOT ON for TAS, by the book. Very pleased with that.

I know Carenado's rep, but I love their models, and usually the other things work OK as well. I just don't get how they don't catch these things during BETA, and I have offered many times to test for them.

Oh, well.

One other general gripe with Carenado AND Alabeo-the registration numbers on their aircraft, until recently, do NOT conform to U.S. regulations. They size them to fit and look good, but the FEDS require them to be 12". Again, just my pet peeve, but with such great models they should be spot on accurate, ruins the RW immersion for me.

Rant over, I just don't look at the right side of the aircraft.

RW commercial pilot, multi, instrument, 1,820 TT, 9 years flying skydivers, 24 years flying, s i do speak from some experience.

JCH