Sign in to follow this  
Guest wiz_of_wuz

SID's and STAR's

Guest wiz_of_wuz

Question? Does FSX implement the use of these procedures? If it does how do they get implemented? When I select build IFR FLIGHT PLAN I never get a SID or STAR. Actually I never get to follow the flight plan becuase within 100 miles ATC will set me up for vectors to Final? Am I missing something? Also I have a question about KSTL 12R approach? When I fly that approach I am getting localizer info but no Glide Slope? Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks for the help!Brian

If you search for a thread called "Using SIDS/STARS with MS flight planner"...read all posts by jvile01. I believe it will help you.hopefully the link below will work.The problem that I've found is that the database for the flight planner and GPSare not current and you may find approach procedures using waypointsthat aren't in the database. You can get close enough. It would be niceif the database were updatable.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

>>Also I have a question about KSTL 12R approach? >When I fly that approach I am getting localizer >info but no Glide Slope? Has anyone else had this >issue? Thanks for the help!>That problem is embedded in the XML code of St Louis Runway Ils Properties and the Approach XML data.FSX reversed by accident the default ILS in runway properties as the LDA which does not have GP just Localizer. The actual ILS is coded in the Approach data.Either one is selectable but by default you are going to get the LDA instead of the ILS.Until someons has the time to update (rewrite the xml) the KSTL database you will have to look at the approach chart and select manually the LDA freq on your radio and that will actually be the ILS.Speaking of STAR's and SID's which are now called DP's these can be added to your FP that you make with the default flightplan editor in FS9/FSX.ATC will then make sure as you approach the airport you are flying the STAR that you snapped the FP line to. Once you are inside the 108 NM radius of the airport ATC is going to by default vector you to a runway using the 30 degree offset heading to final hard code in the dll.You must decline these type approaches which are more of a hand holding novice approach and tell ATC you want the Transistion off the STAR arrival.Within the last hour I uploaded a new KATL to AVSIM. The Whats New Readme.txt file that I included explains how to load a STAR arrival (CANUK THREE) that starts 325 NM's away in Jacksonville, FL. All planes coming out of Florida (or anywhere from that direction) use this STAR that funnels them toward Atlanta. You can snap your FP line to all the correct waypoints and ATC will honor the CANUK THREE STAR.When you are told by ATC to descend and expect vectors to final you decline and take the CANUK transition to the active runway that leads you off the STAR which ended at CANUK.The Transistion takes you to the IAF of the Active runway (your choice).I am not going to write the entire process here but STAR's and SID's are honored by ATC if you add them to your original FP by using the snap the FP line method.But like Dave said some of the database is not current. This is one of the reason I uploaded a new KATL because done of the current NOV 2006 data is in the system and the current KATL does not look like the FSX airport. That upload also includes all the new WAYPOINTS for every Transition added this past November.When FSX was released the airport database was cutoff April 2005. Notice KSTL does not have the new runway in FSX. (on my list to do).

Guest wiz_of_wuz

Thanks Everyone.......Jim I will give it a go and see how it works for me........ I appreciate the great feedback!Brian