Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Graphics anomaly in the auto pilot panel

Hi, please see the picture below. Please advise. Thank you.

I'm using P3Dv4.5.14, a GTX 1070ti, and 16 GB memory. 

L35a-autopilot%20issue-4-10-2021%209-03-

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 hour ago, oneleg said:

Hi, please see the picture below. Please advise. Thank you.

From what I see in the picture above,  it does not look like you are running the latest version of the Lear. The latest version of the Lear is v 4.3c. This how things look after installing 4.3c.

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

From what I see in the picture above,  it does not look like you are running the latest version of the Lear. The latest version of the Lear is v 4.3c. This how things look after installing 4.3c.

Al

I downloaded the Lear from the Flysimware website early this morning. I just checked and I have version 4.3c.

I just un-installed, shutdown the PC, and re-installed. I disabled the anti-virus again. The issue is still there.

Running with P3D is the latest version of Opus (the weather engine and the live camera) and Orbx scenery (an airport of theirs and their True Earth scenery).  Also installed in P3D is Rxp's GTN and GNS, and Milvix's Wx radar. All three have not yet been activated in the Lear (the GTN works in FSW's Falcon). The screen is 2560 x 1440, FXAA is On, AA is 2xMSAA, Texture Filtering is Anisotropic 16x and Texture Resolution is 2048 x 2048. Vsync is On. Wide-view aspect is On and Mipmap panel is checked.

I didn't check, but during an un-install does the Lear folder also get deleted?

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

17 hours ago, oneleg said:

I downloaded the Lear from the Flysimware website early this morning. I just checked and I have version 4.3c.

I just un-installed, shutdown the PC, and re-installed. I disabled the anti-virus again. The issue is still there.

Running with P3D is the latest version of Opus (the weather engine and the live camera) and Orbx scenery (an airport of theirs and their True Earth scenery).  Also installed in P3D is Rxp's GTN and GNS, and Milvix's Wx radar. All three have not yet been activated in the Lear (the GTN works in FSW's Falcon). The screen is 2560 x 1440, FXAA is On, AA is 2xMSAA, Texture Filtering is Anisotropic 16x and Texture Resolution is 2048 x 2048. Vsync is On. Wide-view aspect is On and Mipmap panel is checked.

I didn't check, but during an un-install does the Lear folder also get deleted?

The original picture you posted above was an older version of the Lear because there have been some changes in the panel since then, so it is good you re-downloaded the latest version.  After unstalling it is important to check the location where the Lear was installed and make sure no files survived the uninstall. Delete any that might remain and then reinstall.

Since you had an older version of the Lear, I assume you had it working OK at some point in the past. I also use the RXP GTN and Milviz WX radar, and all work fine in the Lear. Again, make sure you have up to date versions.

Check that you have a file called XMLTools64.dll in the main P3D folder.

Is it just the Lear that is giving you a problem -- do you have other addon a/c that are working OK?

Please post another picture of the Lear's panel showing the current problem.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, ark said:

Is it just the Lear that is giving you a problem -- do you have other addon a/c that are working OK?

Great question about other addon a/c work. For some reason, my Falcon 50 no longer  displays the Milviz radar. It used to display properly,  so I'm wondering if the issues now is specific to Flysimware only. The radar currently works fine in Milviz's C310 redux so I know that it works currently (but I better double check now).

I'll un-install, delete the Falcon and Lear folders, and re-install both, and report back here. Thank you.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

@ark I uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed the Falcon and Lear.  The Lear is fine now (thank you) but the weather radar is not working at all in the Falcon even after carefully following the instructions for re-installing it. Should I take this issue in the Falcon forum?

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

15 minutes ago, oneleg said:

Should I take this issue in the Falcon forum?

Yes, that would be best. That way others with a similar Falcon problem will be able to find it and learn from what we figure out.

Al

2 minutes ago, ark said:

Yes, that would be best. That way others with a similar Falcon problem will be able to find it and learn from what we figure out.

Al

Will do. I don't know if and how to mark this issue solved. Thank you Ark.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1