Sign in to follow this  
Cessna2809

HP Reverb G2 and Radeon rx5700xt - hope to find help here

Hello,

I´m plannning to buy the HP Reverb G2 for my PC, using the MSFS2020. I hope, that someone in this forum can give an answer to my questions even if it is YES or NO:

I don´t know exactly if my PC specs are ok for using the Reverb G2 together with the MSFS.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI B550, Radeon rx5700xt Nitro+, 32GB RAM 3200, 2 x NVMe SSD

I know, that it is not possible to run with ULTRA settings, but will it work with middle and some high settings? Has anyone experiences with nearly the same specs? 

My first VR glasses have been the Rift S which I sold because of the bad resolution.

Thank you for your comments which will help me...

BR

Cessna2809

Don't want to spoil your expectations but, with the Reverb G2, even an RTX 3090 ( I have both... ) is not able to run in Ultra, but mostly a combination of Mid/High settings. It depends a lot on the location, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cessna2809 said:

Thank you virtuali. What alternative product could you suggest?

You mean a different video card ? Not the best time to get one.

If I were you, I would keep the video card and wait for better prices and possibly another generation ( RTX 4000s, AMD 7000s, etc. ), and get a different headset, like the Oculus Quest 2, which has a better resolution than the Rift S you sold, although not as high as the Reverb G2, which will likely be too much for your video card.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

Thank you. I mean which headset. So I think I will fly without VR and wait for a new card generation.

For your information: In December 2020 I paid 430€ for my new Radeon xr5700xt nitro+ here in Germany.  On ebay they sell this card as "used" now for more than 850€............... now  I am thinking about selling my card and to suspend my hobby........

For me the Radeon 5700XT with HP Rerverb G2 works fine! Although the 5700XT has died now - back to gtx1080 and even that card is quite usable for VR flying with the G2. In my opinion coming from ultra and high settings in 4K I don't mind at all that the settings in VR are less, the immersion is soo much better that I definitely don't want to go back to 4K flat screen, dual screen whatever. 

e.g. with the HP Reverb G2 all your instruments will be clear sharp with these videocards (5700XT and gtx1080).

Rg

Michiel