Sign in to follow this  
ivatt

Unusual Ground Steering Problem

I apologise if this is a strange question but i am hoping someone might come up with a light bulb idea.

For some time I have had a neuropathy problem with walking due to the brain and legs not being in sync, this was mainly in my right leg.

Quite recently I have been diagnosed with slap (drop) foot on my left side so have lost the "feel" of my feet to some extent.

I have been using CH Pro Pedals but this is now becoming difficult as my feet tend to slap down which of course applies the brakes plus the sensitivity in feel is impaired so movements are exaggerated.

Once I am in the air this is no problem but of course for taxing-take off-landing it is.

I have a rather old Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick which has been collecting dust and was wondering if might be better to discard the pedals and use the joystick for the above functions but it is getting the calibration right assuming there is nothing else wrong with it.

I was also wondering whether using the nose wheel steer toggle would help at least for take off and landing but I have not been able to clarify exactly what that does. In my case it would be nice if it just kept the nose wheel straight when on the runway.

I might have to abandon ideas of taxing around the airport and just use the map to place myself at the end of the runway.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Edited by ivatt

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5

Hello,

I think the _nose wheel steer toggle_ command is just a means to switch nose wheel steering  off or on. That won't help during take off. You would still need at least the rudder to keep the aircraft on the centerline.

Have you tried using your CH pedals just for nose wheel steering and rudder? You could remove the brakes assignment from your Pedals and have keyboard commands for the differential braking.

Cheers