Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Required update doesn't download/install

Haven't flown MFS for a few days, and tried to today. I clicked on the icon as usual, and the program started to load (the calm music and graphics, etc) then it stops and a screen abruptly appears saying that there is a required update. So I click on install and am taken to the MS Store, but no further guidance what to do. Can anyone help me?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

in the app store  there are 3 versions of MSFS listed.   If you have more than the basic version, then all you will see is a play button and you will go through it all again.  Change the selection to the basic version and it should download the update.

This has happened previously for those with non-basic versions and it's frustrating because  the update remains hidden on the more expensive versions.

When you select the basic version,  it should start downloading the update itself.

When you get back into game.. check to make sure there are no content manager updates.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.