Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

Logbook not logging some destination airports

The logbook seems to miss some destination airports from time to time in both P4 and P5.

Is there a way to first backup the existing logbook and re-import everything to create a new one instead of manually editing the missing fields?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

20 minutes ago, Daveo said:

The logbook seems to miss some destination airports from time to time in both P4 and P5.

Is there a way to first backup the existing logbook and re-import everything to create a new one instead of manually editing the missing fields?

Look at menu entry _Logbook -> there are many operations on logbook available there.
You can always export logbook into CSV text file, then external process the logbook's entries - for example importing as spreadsheet into Excel (or other similar program).
Of course, there is also possibilty of importing entries in CSV format
into LNM 🙂

More info you can find at LNM manual -> section 23.

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for the reply.

The main issue I'm curious about is why some destinations are not logged from both P4 and P5 unless it has something to

do with either straight thru flights or possibly flights saved and resumed at a later point in time.

Although I did have a few long hauls from start to finish that didn't register the destination.

Maybe a bug or something so was bringing it to the Devs attention.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Export and re-import does not recover missing airports.

Do you land at airports which are present in LNM's database?

LNM creates a logbook entry on takeoff. Means when aircraft status changes from "on ground" to "not ground". This creates an entry having only the departure airport. The destination is added to the present entry once the aircraft status changes to "on ground" again. I do not track anything between takeoff and landing since the user might change aircraft, livery, load and whatnot.

LNM looks for the nearest runway (also considering flight direction) when taking off or landing and adds runway and related airport to the flight plan. This is independent of the flight plan.

All status is reset if you quit LNM or the sim in between. Then your have to modify the log manually. Not sure what happens with multiple legs.I think these are covered.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Ah ok that explains things. 

Had some hardware issues to deal with and whatnot and also some quits and reboots between some flights so I will remember that.

Also regarding the database, I always update it after any bgl changes.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png