Sign in to follow this  
mfhansen82

Not getting handed to control

Hi all P2A's. 

I know this question has been brought up and also been answered, but I need to bring it up again. I am having difficulties getting handed over from one center (Ctr) to another, but only in certain circumstances. Let me give you an example.

When I perform a flight from EKCH (Kastrup Copenhagen) to EHAM (Schipol Amsterdam), the handing from delivery -> ground -> tower -> CPH center goes smoothly. But when I exit Danish airspace and begin to enter German airspace (EDWW) I get nothing. When I am in Germany, however, I do get handed over from center to center. I do get handed over from Langen, to Berlin and then from Berlin to Amsterdam. 
The real issue here is that I can't see how the different FIR's are marked in P2A. Are they circular with a radial distance or are they marked as they are on the map and I also don't know how to edit them. 

Otherwise, I am very satisfies with P2A which I feel fills out the spot between the horrible standard ATC's to VATSIM/IVAO perfectly. Even though it does have some recognition problems (For some reason, P2A can't understand when I say GRONINGEN). 

Hope that you can provide a little bit of insight on this matter. 

Sincerely,
Michael Hansen

The TaxiMnt screen allows you to display the ARTCC (Center)controllers and their airspaces.  You can edit the frequencies and names of the controllers.  See the documentation in the Operation Guide on Taxi Maintenance.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I found that in the meantime. I just didn't know at the moment that it was dependent on the zoom-level of the map. I can see that the ARTCC lines follow the map that I have on my Navigraph. The question is then, when does P2A hand you over from one center to another. For example, from EKDK to EDWW. What is the exact limit?

Ok. I will do some more testing and get back to you. For now, it seems only to be a problem between Danish and German airspace.