Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Is the Horizon VFR as good as Megascenery X?

Anyone here who wons both the addons. Horizon VFR X and the Megascenery Hawaii X?Is the Horizona UK scenery as good as the Megascnery Hawaii?Thanks for any information.MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest cwright

Manny, I've been using the Horizon VFR for weeks and the Hawaii for just one day, so it's a bit early to say in detail. However.... I would say the VFR is better for several reasons. First, the textures: my impression is that the VFR textures are a bit sharper and with stronger colours. However, some VFR areas show odd colours. The Hawaii textures seem a little dark. I also got the impression that VFR coastlines are better, though they're not perfect. Autogen: Hawaii has pretty good autogen, but building placement could be more accurate. Horizon will add autogen for the entire UK/Wales in April but they have a demo that covers a large area of Snowdonia/north Wales. The VFR autogen wins hands down. It is nothing short of spectacular. The buildings fit the building textures almost perfectly (unlike Hawaii) and it uses custom objects that look excellent and are very frame rate-friendly. Most, if not all, trees are planted on the positions of real-world trees. It also includes some beautiful custom objects such as Conway Castle. As if that were not enough there is a huge variety of animated objects such as birds, dolphins and even hang gliders! They're both excellent but I think the Horizon VFR wins. Some of the VFR scenery, particularly Snowdonia with autogen, is stunning, by far the best scenery I've ever seen in FS. But if you want to get some great photo real scenery, why not get both?Best regards, Chris