Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingairvols

Smoking wheels

I recently installed FSX on my system and have noticed that the wheels of any of the supplied aircraft smoke while I am taxing and appear to be digging into the pavement.. It almost seems that the brakes are on.(I doublechecked and they are not) It also appears that the nosewheel is slightly below the surface. This is not happening with the AI aircraft.Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to correct it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you're flying anywhere where there is snow, you get this snow effect off the tires of default planes, even if the runway is bare and dry. It's WAY overdone. I'd like to be able to turn it off, or at least tone it down.Jim

I cant locate the article at this time but as I keep searching I will post it if found. The article I am referencing explained a fix for this issue. Possibly someonbe else may know the location and post a link. I thing it was here at AVSIM?Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

If you know of a way to "tone down" the snow effect, that would be very helpful.I don't think you can simply find the .fx file and rename it .fx.stock. I think that might cause a display problem in the sim.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Thanks guys for your help. I moved my plane to Puerto Rico, began to taxi, and the smoke/snow effect disappeared.Once again, thanks!

FYI, the snow effect only appears in locations where "hard winter" season is set.Hard winter flags the sim to put snow on the ground, and consequently put the snow clouds around wheels.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case