Sign in to follow this  
GermanCaptain

System Shutdown after 3h of P3D

Hello guys,

I've encountered a real nightmare:

I just upgraded from my old 8600k to a 10700k (new motherboard, new drivers, yadda yadda).

But ever since having upgraded and fixing drivers etc. I wasn't able to complete a single flight in P3D4.

I was able to locate some problems (disabled hyperthreading for CPU 0-4, clean-installed graphics driver, re-installed P3D components) but still, the crashing continues.

It is not a simple CTD but the system freezes after ~3h giving me strange audio phenomena (screeching speakers) and then the PC itself shuts down and reboots.

Hence, I don't have a log or anything. The PC shuts down.

Before the crash, the flight actually runs smooth (Still use the same settings which worked with the 8600k) and there are no stutters, no faults, nothing. 

I also tried MSFS and it runs fine. Over hours. So, I'm assuming the problem must lie within P3D.

My Specs:

Intel i7-10700k (no OC), HT disabled for CPU 0-4

Asus Z490-E MoBo

GTX1080 OC

32 GB RAM @2600 MHz

P3Dv4, latest patch 

A heck lot of add-ons but nothing additional to my old setup - which worked.

CPU Temperatures are all below 60C (even under load), so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Can it be connected to my PSU not being powerful enough?

It should be sufficient as I don't do overclocking on my CPU just yet. But I'm running at the upper end of its efficiency. Still, it doesn't even get warm.

I really hope, someone of you knows what I'm facing and can help me getting P3D to run again.

Edited by GermanCaptain