Sign in to follow this  
Bjartie

EKCH frequency problem

I'm using VOX ATC 7.43 in P3Dv4.5 without any problems. When approaching Danish airspace VOX ATC tells be to tune to Copenhagen centre 143.xx. I use mostly default aircraft and can't tune to 143. I've tried 142 and 145 without any luck. Maybe expensive payware aircraft will let you tune to individual frequencies, but  can't with the default radio set up. Any help would be appreciated.

@Bjartie

comms use 118.xxx to 136.xxx Mhz

not at my sim at the moment, but check EKCH data in your afcad / vox user files to see if there is rogue data for comms.

for now, cheers

john martin

I realise now that the title of my post is somewhat misleading, sorry about that. Its not the airport frequency that is the problem it is the control centre.

13 hours ago, Bjartie said:

and can't tune to 143. I've tried 142 and 145 without any luck.

this is what is confusing ...... no comms radio can tune to a VHF frequency above 136.975 Mhz.

I can't see any rogue data in my P3D453/Vox743 setup (stock airports/centre files, VOX user data).

for now, cheers

john martin

My bad, sometimes the fingers are faster than the brain.XZnspMB.jpg

Edited by Bjartie
Tyos

How can you tune to XXX.43? I only have XXX.40, XXX.42 and XXX.45. I've tried all of those and they don't work.

@Bjartie

quick question ..... are you using Vox743 for P3D4 or P3D5 ?

P3D5 uses 8.33Khz comm segments ..... which would call for 119.43 & which P3D5 may use in its "centers" file.

but / no i'm puzzled to say the least.

for now, cheers

john martin

The good news: I found these frequencies at this site:https://www.ivao.aero/db/ss/cont.asp?Page=frequencies&Id=1. The bad news: they don't work in VOXATC. I have the feeling that it is simply a typo in the coding of VOX and there is nothing I can do. This is the only place I've had this problem and I've been flying with VOX for several years.

Copenhagen Control 121.375 EKDK_CTR
Copenhagen Control 129.475 EKDK_FSS
Edited by Bjartie

19 hours ago, Bjartie said:

it is simply a typo in the coding of VOX

I'm not convinced (not that I need to be) ..... I still guess it is rogue data in one of your scenery (an afcad perhaps) files which only you can track down, more so if you have an addon airport or the like (which I probably don't as I "fly" asiapacific)

As before, the frequency 119.430 is an 8kHz spaced one which is only "modelled" in P3D5 & Vox 743's version for that sim.

Perhaps you've somehow installed some P3D5 scenery unknowingly.

for now, cheers

john martin

I have very little add on scenery and nothing in the Denmark area. I have ORBX England, Liverpool UK (my home airport) and the Airports of Norway, all which were made for FSX. Otherwise everything else is default. So I don't think I've installed any P3Dv5 scenery. I could of course disable the Norwegian scenery and test it since Norwegian airspace borders Danish airspace. I'll give it a try and let you know.

I disabled the Airports of Norway, no luck. I do have some AIG scenery in connection with AI aircraft. Could that be the problem?

20 hours ago, Bjartie said:

I do have some AIG scenery

anything seems worth a check ......... I assume you mean afcads to update stock airports, one for EKCH perhaps ?

often / always perhaps, one needs to check what sim they are made for.

how did you go with LNM ..... it is a very good tool to understand what your sim "includes", provided you direct LNM to load your current files.

& don't forget when fiddling / checking "scenery", reindex VoxATC each time (& use its logs to see what files it is also using)

for now, cheers

john martin