Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Gunz

Tool icons not working & other problems

Was not able to find any info on this, Alex.  However, if there is a post dealing with this, just point me to it and I'll not inflict myself on you any longer.

I have 2.6.11 installed but tried 2.1.10 and 2.6.7 as tests and got the same results.

None of my toolbar icons respond when I click them.  Additionally, when I right click an airport symbol on the map, I cannot select it as a departure/arrival point.  In fact, most of the items in the menu that appears are grayed out.

Also, when I click the map to center an airport (or other feature), the map will jump to a location several "inches" away from the desired location.  Zooming in with the mouse wheel will also relocate the cursor to an area a considerable "distance" from the desire location.  Hovering the pointer over a map feature does not display any information about it, either.

What am I doing wrong?

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC: 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB OC
CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.
Logitech MFD and Radio Panel Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Hi Ken,

sounds strange. Kind of a multi monitor issue?

Just to rule out the obvious:
Scenery library loaded?
Did you try to delete the settings and database folder ABarthel (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel)?

Can you post a screenshow of the whole LNM window?
Maybe I can have a look at your log file. You can send it to me by email: https://albar965.github.io/contact.html

Alex

1 hour ago, Rusty Gunz said:

I have 2.6.11 installed but tried 2.1.10 and 2.6.7 as tests and got the same results.

Have you tried the "last chance resort option" - resetting LNM to default settings?
It can be done via LNM->Tools->Reset all Settings ....

Before this operation better to backup directory C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel in a safe place.

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

OK, don't have a finite answer as to cause but I did this:

• Reset as per ppgas
  • Things really in a mess then, but noticed app kept disappearing to left edge of monitor #1
  • "Reconstructed" multiple-monitor settings
  • Downloaded "Globe" data
  • Re-loaded scenery
  • All appears to be correct.

Interesting - I've used multiple monitors for multiple years (pun intended) without problems.  But I'm back in business and that's the important thing.

Thanks for the input.

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC: 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB OC
CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.
Logitech MFD and Radio Panel Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit