Sign in to follow this  
Guest morrishey

Mlton Shupe's Beechcraft 18 - grey panels

Guest morrishey

I've installed the 18 into FSX and it works beautifully. I have found a problem with the display of panel windows (like GPS or comms pop-ups).With clear visibility they work perfectly, but start to reduce the vis and and soon as FSX redraws the popup greys out leaving the VC with a grey block where the GPS would be.I've tried the default aircraft in the same situation, they work fine. :)I've tried updating the graphics drivers to the latest release & betas from nVidia, makes no difference. :(I've tried altering the panel transparency setting , but that just seems to change the transparency of the grey-out. :(Is this a problem others are having with the aircraft, and just something that is due to it being an FS9 build, or can anyone suggest a setting or cfg file adjustment to help?Pictures with vis at 10 miles and vis at 5 miles.

This subject has come up before on this forum a few times. It seems that the following fix has taken care of most of these. Change the following line in your FSX.cfg from:AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1to:AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=0See if that helps.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest morrishey

Do I take it you mean the cfg file within "my documentsFlight simulator X files"? I've not got one called fsx.cfg, but I've got a couple with other .cfg names.Both files had the suggested line, so I've changed the setting in both files, but it appears to have had no affect.

It's in the main FSX cfg. That's one of the hidden files. I have a shortcut to it in my main FSX directory. That's how I make changes to it. You may have to to a little hunting on how to find that file but I think it's in the Documents and Settings folder, All Users, Microsoft. First you have to enable see hidden files to find it.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest morrishey

Found it, thanks Lee. And problem solved.