Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

For better 2d panel visibility--

add these lines to the panel.cfg of the aircraft you wish change.[Views]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.500, 0.000, 0.000The first number in the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR parameter is the "height of the seat". Higher numbers mean higher height.The panel.cfg is located in the panel directory of the plane you wish to modify. I modified the lear, so the file was inSimObjectsAirplanesLear45panelThis worked for me so thought I would pass it along. Although I love the virtual cockpits for the "GA" flavored planes like the Maule or Cessna, I still like flying the Lear and most jets from the 2d pit. The great thing about this change is the perspective is retained when you switch views. Unlike the Ctrl-Q method where the first time you change the view, you lose the perspective.Hope this helps.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Where in the panel.cfg do you add the code?Please advise.Thanks

is this what the parameter is doing? on my setup it tilts my view, positive value meaning "look down", as it always hasan apparent bug in fsx makes it impossible to return to this initial view with a button click, but that's another story ;-)

Vilk,You are absolutely correct: it's pbh - pitch, bank, and heading. BUT the 2D "panel" view (when tilting downward) only "raises" the horizon relative to the panel that doesn't . This gives the appearance that you've raised your seat - and I also use it that way for some aircraft. You ARE tilting, but if you don't go too far with it, it won't mess up your sense of what is "level" and make it difficult to judge approaches.Loyd