Sign in to follow this  
ThrottleUp

Unable to set custom views (remembers previous planes)

Hello everyone,

TLDR

Cannot set custom cockpit camera views because camera seems to insist on using the view coordinates of a different plane.

FULL 

I have set up custom hotkey cockpit views X-Plane 11 style where the view hotkeys are on the numpad (using the camera customization menu to bind numpad to the numrow) It worked really well for the Carbon Cub & the Cessna Caravan. 

I then downloaded a mod of the Cessna 172 (its a bush mod with big wheels). Using the arrow keys to move along the XYZ axis (just like I did with the previous planes) I began to set the views. However this time its not working.

Somehow the view cam on  this C172 is referencing the coordinates of the Caravan with the end result being that when I look straight ahead (numpad 8) the view jumps OUTSIDE the plane. I'm sitting on the prop spinner 🙄 

Looking at the cam angle I realized it was referencing the cords of the Caravan. The camera is in a C172 but "thinks" its in the Caravan. I cannot override this.

I use the following method to set views. In this example I'm setting the look straight ahead view.

1. Use arrow keys to move to the view angle I like
  2. Press CTRL+ALT+1 (on number row)*
  3. Press CTRL+8 (on numpad)*

Now when I press numpad 8 it jumps to my custom forward view. In the Cub & Caravan as I said this worked perfectly but in this C172 it seems hell bent on using the Caravans settings. Each plane has its own individual camera files right? How can I check this? How can I make this C172 accept the current settings and to stop using the Caravans view settings?

Thanks for any advice!

* Using the camera customization menu I made Load Custom Camera numrow 1  = numpad 8

10 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

1. Use arrow keys to move to the view angle I like
  2. Press CTRL+ALT+1 (on number row)*
  3. Press CTRL+8 (on numpad)*

Why?

I use Ctrlalt1, then hit alt1 to access the view. Works everytime. Never had an issue. 

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why?

I use Ctrlalt1, then hit alt1 to access the view. Works everytime. Never had an issue. 

Is that on the number row or the number pad? I prefer the pad since all keys are together. It works well but for some reason on the C172 it sends me outside the plane. 

I used the second empty field in the custom camera menu to bind the hotkey to the numpad.