I have had mine for at least a couple years now and have not had any major issues.  It's not metal mind you but wood and I use it for both P3D and MSFS 2020.  The only thing I had to do is tighten the throttles and gear down lever so they don't fall down on their on, this is a little tricky to get to the screws underneath but doable. I found the throttles are a good option and I have the under desk mount which positions the unit pretty well. Yes I would have liked metal and hall sensors but for me this worked with my budget.

Bruce

Edited by bruskey

Thank you Bruce for the info, I feel a little better about a possible order.  Does the levers for reverse thrust detente have a good feel ?  Would you do me a favor & give me the  measurements of your "Protek" ?  I had thought about a honeycomb bravo but, looks like it's a long way off.  Also I play VR, so I don't need all the extra stuff I can't see anyhow, plus It's pretty big, & may not fit into my setup.    TIA