Sign in to follow this  
Guest emkramer

Shadows on water 2.x?

I recall seeing a video from a beta tester flying low over the water. The shadow moved as though projected onto a contoured, wavy surface.I run water at 2.x low (but have tried at mid, high, max). I get the nice a/c reflection, but the shadow is flat, as though the water were flat (which, technically, it is). Does anyone else get dynamic shadows on the water? Thanks,BTW, I'm running a Radeon x1650 Pro 512 MB.Earl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep, I get both. If you have the aircraft cast shadows box checked you get the flat shadows on water. I am getting the dynamic ones also. Have you made any shaders tweaks?Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

That second "shadow" is really the water reflection of the A/C (you also get water reflection of clouds, scenery around the water, etc).

That's what I've got - dynamic reflections with flat shadows. I remember from that video (it was the first real video that anyone had posted), the dude was flying low over Lake Michigan. He had dynamic *shadows*, it looked like. If only I could remember where that video was.