Alex

Thanks for giving me access to Beta 16.   I have been testing it just looking at the start position problem.
My process has been

1. Uninstal Microsoft Flight Simulator (FS2020) and remove all files. Best to start testing with a clean system.
  2. Install FS2020 - Note I use my G: drive - a SSD.
  3. Start FS2020 and install all the optional files.
  4. Install ORBX EGNM - Leeds/Bradford - my local airport - into the Community folder.
  5. Install the LittleNavMap Beta 16
  6. Rebuild the database from FS2020
  7. Use SimBrief to generate a plan flying from EGCC (Manchester) to EGNT (Newcastle) - note SimBrief does not set departure gates.
  8. Run LNM importing the Simbrief plan.  Note this step is really optional but I like SimBrief.
  9. Set a start position at Gate 22.
  10. Save the plan in LNM format - this allows me to follow my test flight on my tablet.
  11. Export the plan in FS2020 Format
  12. Start FS2020 and use the LOAD option pointing to the exported format
  13. Note at this point the departure from EGCC is showing as a Runway.  At this point it appears that LNM is in error BUT ---  see later
  14. Use the dropdown to change to Gate 22.
  15. Use Load/Save  (space bar) to save the plan.
  16. The save operation restarts the flight and this time we are positioned at the gate.
  17. End the simulator.

I then examined each of the saved plan files using Notepad.
The exported format DOES contain the necessary statements for a gate start but does not seem to work in FS2020. (Step 13)

The plan saved in FS2020 with the gate included DOES work !! (Step 16)

Next I used a file compare program to compare the 2 files and though there are differences the statements about the departure gate are not flagged up as different.  Something in the LNM exported format is not triggering the start at gate facility but I can't spot it.

By the way the compare program showed a discrepancy with the way LNM exports Waypoints. The FS saved plan shows the altitute at each waypoint but the LNM version shows each waypoint with an altitude of 11000 which is the cruising altitude in this plan.

I have the files available but cannot find a way of attaching them to this post. 

Finally the new Beta16 - I ran the LNM connected view on my Android tablet during my test flight.  For me a BIG BIG improvement.

Edited by GB014934
EGNM should read EGCC

Regards

Trevor

Hi,

thank you very much for the report. You mean 2.6.12.beta, right?

I found an issue which appears in some cases. The flight plan should never contain any "FP" elements like "<RunwayNumberFP>" for the first entry (i.e. the departure airport) in the list.

I'll fix this for the release.

BTW: No need to reinstall everything. I usually test with "dirty" installations that have all kind of plugins and scenery add-ons. This is the best way to find obscure errors.

This is correct in the PLN file:

</AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EGCC">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N53° 21' 13.99",W2° 16' 30.00",+000218.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>EGCC</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="RW23L">

this is not:

</AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EGCC">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N53° 21' 13.99",W2° 16' 30.00",+000218.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>EGCC</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
            <RunwayNumberFP>23</RunwayNumberFP>
            <RunwayDesignatorFP>LEFT</RunwayDesignatorFP>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="RW23L">

Edit: Ignore the wrong colorization above. PLN files are actually not correct XML due to the double quotes in the coordinates.

Edited by albar965

Alex

You are right it was Beta 12.

My reason for reinstalling was not only for the LNM test. 
I normally reinstall my whole system from scratch every 12 months. This is usually after the first major release of Windows each year. This year Windows 10 21H1 has only minor changes so I am living with it until 21H2 comes later in the Fall or Winter. I have found through the years thay Windows is so bad at keeping itself clean that a reinstall helps with my system's performance and cures any odd glitches I may have.  It takes me about 3 days ( I have a lot of software installed)  but I am retired so it is time well spent for me.  My FS2020 install was quite old hence the reinstall.

Back to LNM -- 

I tried this morning to load the plan generated from the save option in FS2020 and it did not work !! Even with a plan generated by Asobo.  Something is not quite right their end !!  When they sort it out it will be very useful.

When Beta12 is released I will, of course, install it. 

Thanks for your prompt reply - all the best.

Regards

Trevor

2.6.13 will be released soon. I tested the flight plan export for MSFS with all kind of combinations (SID, parking, Navigraph update and not, etc.) and it seems to work fine.

Once I had to remove the Content.xml since MSFS lost all navaids after disabling the Navigraph update.
Next start all was fine.

Alex