Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Mixing V5.1. Content and V5.2. Client not good idea..

I had to learn this the hard way... having a slow internet connection, I really resisted the Content update.

But, as others have said: A "Client only" update in this case leads to bad performance  😉

So, uninstall the Client, uninstall the Content, delete the Shaders.

Install the 5.2. Client, install the 5.2. Content.. and go fly!

Also, EA Volumetric Clouds on Low is not good, either OFF or HIGH.  (They do look nice on HIGH!)

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your helpful update installation "tip". This will be my first P3D update install, so when you mention to "delete the Shaders" is that the same as the "Shaders HLSL" folder in the main P3D directory? 

Ray

27 minutes ago, raymie said:

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your helpful update installation "tip". This will be my first P3D update install, so when you mention to "delete the Shaders" is that the same as the "Shaders HLSL" folder in the main P3D directory? 

Ray

No, this is the contents of the Shaders folder in the Appdata directory. 

The one you mention will get removed when you uninstall.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Found it in the Appdata as you noted. Apparently items such as this one does not get overwritten when doing updates. Also, thanks again for your update tip as deleting the shader folder is not mentioned in the "Updating Prepar 3D v5" instructions found on the Lockheed Martin site,.

Ray