Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

Idea for musician flight simmers!

Guest TheAmbler

Hi I like flight sims and I'm into music at home and it occurred to me that the hardware controllers (mixing desk sort of thing) I have for music could be of use for FSX. I'm now using the knobs on my Behringer BCF2000...http://www.behringer.com/BCF2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG...to change frequencies on the radios, OBS settings etc. All it needs to make it work is a little application to translate MIDI information from the controller into FSX-friendly key-presses. Such as:http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/Sounds a bit mad I know but it really helps. No longer trying to hovver over the knobs with a mouse and use the mouse wheel. No longer have to remember to press C twice etc. If you've got MIDI music gear already, no cost.Does take a little programming to make the Bome software do the job, but after an hour's work I had 8 knobs set up to do Coms 1 and 2, Navs 1 and 2, Heading bug, OBSs, ADF etc.

Hey, now there's an idea - I had considered looking at going the other way, using my joysticks/gamepads/etc as music controllers, but hadn't considered using a MIDI controller as a FSX controller (although in my case that could be because my MIDI controllers are built into my MIDI keyboards, so they aren't exactly right next to my PC keyboard :-> )

Why not just retune the ADF radio and listen to local AM radio stations?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png