Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Loss of textures in midflight

The past few times I have used FSX I will go to spot plane in midflight and have no textures.Go back to VC and have a see-thru cockpit with no textures.I have 256 video card and everything was fine previously.No changes thet I think would cause this.Any thoughts?Thanks,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How long does the no textures last?When you change to the spot plane view - you are asking FS to reload a completely new set of textures which it probably does not have in active memory. Some may even not be in virtual memory.The spot plane view is a massive display area - probably ten thousand or more square miles need to be textured.Switching back to a cockpit view will be the same issue - waiting for the textures to be pulled from the disk and placed.The "see thru" is an 'improvement' of Microsoft. They are loading small parts of textures so that you have something while the full texture loads and is rendered. Otherwise you would get blank solid grey or black blocks on the screen.

Thanks for the reply.This just started happening the past few days.Up til the everything has been working fine.I think the only thing I have added that could possibly be causing it is EZ Scenery folder and Rwy 12 static objects folder from FS9.Don't know why this would do it but is the only thing I have changed.I'm runnung an old mach 2.4,1.5 ram and 256 video card but it has been working fine(considering).It seems to happen about 10 mins into flight after wheels up.Go to spot and there are no textures(however I had them on the ground).Back to VC and I have all the guages but grey background and no view.2d cockpit is OK.Then sometimes the grey background goes away and I have only guages like trasnparent cockpit.Then it may come back to normal,go to spot and it spot and only the lights are there,no plane.Real strange.I only know that it has been working fine.Thanks for any help.Ron