Sign in to follow this  
Malc

"Cancel IFR at this time" in Airbus NEO

My enjoyment is now being spoilt by this message sent to ATC whilst in flight " cancel flight following at this time " This can occur twice or three times in flight. The message is sent to ATC even if the co pilot is in charge of the radio or not. Problem is it's not possible some times to reinstate the original flight details causing the ILS not to function. I have had this problem for some time but just lately it is now every flight and as I said it spoils my enjoyment. Has this occurred just for me or have others had this issue ? what can I be doing to cause this ? I must say ATC in FS2020 is very poor with some totally ridiculous instructions.

Flight following is not IFR. You still can fly ILS even without ATC instruction. The only time ATC cancels services in MSFS is when you are not following its instructions

Edited by sd_flyer

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

No I cancel IFR not ATC,  the co pilot will transmit this message "cancel IFR at this time "  even when I am in charge of the radio the message will still be transmitted. I have never had ATC cancel a flight. I fly on auto most of the time except for take off and final. Its cancelled from the cockpit.🙄 if the ILS stayed as available on the screen it would be no problem but it dissapears 🤪