Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

PA31 Chieftain Activation in X-Plane 11

Last week, I purchased the PA31-350 Chieftain for X-Plane 11.  Download & install appeared to work correctly; however, I am unable to activate the add-on.  The dialogue box opens, I paste my S/N in the box, and then press "Next".  Nothing happens.  It just sits there and dialogue box remains open.  The Next button turns green, but that's about it. 

I filed a support ticket with Carenado.  They had seen the issue before and the person solved it by deleting his X-Plane installation and reinstalling it, among a bunch of other things like disabling Plugins.  I did disable the Plugins, but that didn't work.  After building X-Plane 11 with OrthoX scenery, I am really not n the mood for deleting my entire X-Plane installation.  Frankly, I do not think that I should have to do so just just to install an airplane.  I get anti-piracy concerns, but at some point I have to draw the line.  I expect programs to work when I install them. 

Has anyone else had this issue with Carenado addons and X-Plane.  This is my first Carenado addon for X-Plane.  It will be my last if it can't resolved. 

Any ideas or thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Wichita KS. 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS