Sign in to follow this  
soaring_penguin

Real Sky

Guest BobKK

A utility called "Real Sky" was available for FS9. I never purchased it but I've been reading some reviews on the I-Net and they've all been quite positive. I'm interested in purchasing it, assuming it will work with FSX. Does anyone know if, in fact, "Real Sky" will work with FSX?Thanks much for any information.

As far as I know, this product replaces sky and cloud textures inside fs2004.At the moment I did not hear of any such product in development for fsX, even if it is much needed for some areas (for example the brown grassland textures in winter in Europe. Grass stays green in this part of the world.)As the resolution of FSX has much increased, and there are much more different landclasses, it is not just an adaption of existing products going from fs2002 to fs2004, as was done in the past by for example fsscene.So the answer I am afraid is no, it is not fsX compatible.Jan

>As far as I know, this product replaces sky and cloud>textures inside fs2004.>At the moment I did not hear of any such product in>development for fsX, even if it is much needed for some areas>(for example the brown grassland textures in winter in Europe.>Grass stays green in this part of the world.)>As the resolution of FSX has much increased, and there are>much more different landclasses, it is not just an adaption of>existing products going from fs2002 to fs2004, as was done in>the past by for example fsscene.>>So the answer I am afraid is no, it is not fsX compatible.>JanThe Cloud9 Xclass land class product, takes care of brown grassland problem, as well as others, but it is payware. It does introduce some other issues too though, mainly to much autogen high rises close to airport runways.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tom,the Cloud9 Xclass landclass changes only the landclass. However, they say themselves that the problem is in the textures being too brown. I have this landclass installed but I disabled the seasons.bgl file, because I prefer having brown fields with naked trees in autumn and winter. For me green larks and oaks in winter is much worse. So as long no one has solved this problem by adjusting all the winter and autumn textures one by one by hand, one will have to make a compromise. A tool like in GE Pro for FS9 would come in handy ... .regards, jan