Sign in to follow this  
Guest babewatcher

Deluxe aircraft in Standard edition

Any one knows which line in the config file should be modified in the Standard edition to include the Deluxe aircraft already installed in the Standard edition?Many thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I could be smart and say this one:purchasefsxdeluxe=1But I might add that the only way to get deluxe planes is to purchase the deluxe version.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

>Any one knows which line in the config file should be>modified in the Standard edition to include the Deluxe>aircraft already installed in the Standard edition?>>Many thanks.Echoing what Jim says, MS have been very clever in preventing such a thing. But you could easily get a refund on the Standard and buy Deluxe.Allcott

I'm wondering the same. To be a little more precise, the Maule and Goose (might be more?) are in the simobjects/aircraft folder. They are complete, multiple textures, cfg file, airfile, everything that is needed to make a plane but they don't show up in the plane selection.There has to be a way to actually make them flyable. Sure exchanging the standard edition for the delux is an option, buttttttttt.... Any ideas would be good.

>I'm wondering the same. >>To be a little more precise, the Maule and Goose (might be>more?) are in the simobjects/aircraft folder. They are>complete, multiple textures, cfg file, airfile, everything>that is needed to make a plane but they don't show up in the>plane selection.>>There has to be a way to actually make them flyable. Sure>exchanging the standard edition for the delux is an option,>buttttttttt.... >>Any ideas would be good.They are there for consistentency in AI, nothing more. You are missing features that are not in your downgraded version, they are not hidden or tucked away in a furtive corner of FSX. You want to fly them?? Buy Deluxe, or find an aftermarket version that will work with standard.Allcott

There are some very good Maule and Grumman Goose aircraft for free download. m7260_v1.zip on FSnordic.net by repaints on this web siteEverything I've read says this is a better aircraft than the MS version - and includes the amphibian with floats.cc9g21f2.zip - by Lynn and Bill Lyons - try Damian Radice's texturesYes these are FS2004 aircraft, but should meet your needs without having to spend more money.I own one copy of Standard FSX and three of Deluxe.You can't truly develop and test if you don't have both versions.I could probably make the Standard versions of the aircraft work - but I have no idea what tricks MS had put in to the Standard version to keep people from doing that. Have no desire to find our.

>You can't truly develop and test if you don't have both>versions.Reggie, why would you do that to me?I was sitting here thinking I was fine with my two copies of deluxe, now I have to go get a Standard.

You will notice that in the Gruman and Maule folders the panel folder is missing. Add a suitable panel to the folders for these planes and they will instantly become visible and flyable. This goes for the MD83 file also. Happy FlyingDon