Sign in to follow this  
NotASenator

Visual Flight Path

In FSX, there is a new option called 'visual flight path'. When activating this you can see rectangles so you know which way to fly. (also seen in the tutorials of FSX).Does someone knows how to get this option enabled? I've read the ingame manual which explains how to activate the 'visual flight path'. I however have some difficulty activating it.As far as I know you must fly in VFR or IFR mode. Then you have to activate 'visual flight path' ingame (alt -> menu), then you have to do the 'linking the visual flight path with the navigational aids' which is something with the radio1/radio2 thing.How does the last thing work and are the steps above the correct steps?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's an old option.It follows the glide path of the ILS at an airport - doesn't work the rest of the time.And there always seem to be a couple airports where things are not setup correctly. The squares never descend - just keep going straight.KCOS Rwy 35L in FSX has been reported - I haven't tested it myself. CYUL Rwy 24L was never solved in FS2004 to my knowledge.Two separate requirements:Airport/ Aircraft - The NAV1 radio needs to be tuned to the frequency of the runway localizer. The localizer has to have a glidepath.FSX settings - top menu - Aircraft - Visual Flight Path - Select Enable visual flight pathLots of options - including the ability to use NAV2 - something new to FSX.

>It's an old option.>>It follows the glide path of the ILS at an airport - doesn't>work the rest of the time.>>And there always seem to be a couple airports where things are>not setup correctly. The squares never descend - just keep>going straight.>>KCOS Rwy 35L in FSX has been reported - I haven't tested it>myself. CYUL Rwy 24L was never solved in FS2004 to my>knowledge.>>Two separate requirements:>>Airport/ Aircraft - The NAV1 radio needs to be tuned to the>frequency of the runway localizer. The localizer has to have a>glidepath.>>FSX settings - top menu - Aircraft - Visual Flight Path ->Select Enable visual flight path>>Lots of options - including the ability to use NAV2 ->something new to FSX.>>>>>>You can also use it to plot an intercept and run a radial on a VOR.