Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

Default FSX 737-800 bug?

Guest Xiderpunk

Flying the 737-800 I had set 70% in all three fuel tanks: left, right and center. During the flight I noticed that fuel was being drawn only from the left and right tanks and therefore assumed that fuel would start to be taken from the center tank as the left and right exhausted.Well this didn't happen, the 737 run dry on left and right and lost engine power. I paused to assess why, I tried turning on the crossfeed valve and the two fuel pumps and restarting the engines.. no luck. How do you turn on the center tank?? There is no reference in the documentation that I could find and no switch/pump in either the VC or 2D panels.Surely the 737-800 would draw fuel first from the center tank before the left and right tanks?This screams of a bug to me unless I am missing something.

This can happen if you touch the fuel tank selector in you default flight. The normal behavior in FS is, to draw fuel from all tanks. This is still not correct, but at least you should not get any flameouts.Alex

Guest Xiderpunk

Ok thanks, will check my default flight to see if that is somehow responsible.

>Ok thanks, will check my default flight to see if that is>somehow responsible.The fuel X-feed only works in conjunction with the "isolate tank" function, according to the SDK...if you can believe that document.I messsed around with tank selection ( in FS9 ) a year or two ago when creating a panel for the L-188. In that application I had 4 tank selectors and each selector switch had 6 positions to allow fuel to be feed to each engine from any of the 5 tanks, or "off".For the 737-800, since the aircraft.cfg only calls out 1 fuel selector, a simple "All, Left, Right, Center" switch could easily be added. Or just a single click spot somewhere on the panel toselect "All". In my application I created an L-variable to keep track of the switch position, 6 BMP's that were the image of the rorary switch in the 6 positions, and then the approriate mouse areas to activate the switch selection.For those that want to dabble, here's the complete code for the fuel selector switch as I implemented it. Paul(L:Fuel Selector 1,enum)Left Aux5 (>L:Fuel Selector 1,enum) 12 (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_SET)Left Main3 (>L:Fuel Selector 1,enum) 4 (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_SET)ALL2 (>L:Fuel Selector 1,enum) 1 (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_SET)Right Main4 (>L:Fuel Selector 1,enum) 5 (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_SET)Right Aux6 (>L:Fuel Selector 1,enum) 11 (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_SET)Fuel OFF1 (>L:Fuel Selector 1,enum) 0 (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_SET)Engine 1 Fuel Tank SelectEngine 1 Fuel Tank Select

Wide-5.jpg