Sign in to follow this  
ejy1

Airport misinformation

Hi Nico, 

Just a quick question as to how PSXseecon Traffic goes about recognising airports. I am running your latest version of PSXseecon Traffic for FS2020 and I have a WSSS payware addon and your application is stating that it is the stock airport and it cant find any gates or parking spots. Is there any suggestion you can give to rectify this situation. At this point this beautiful airport is empty. 

Cheers, 

John

Did you use PPG_MSFS to produce the airport file for your addon airport?

It looks you did not or you forgot to add a path to the folder where your addon airport is installed.

And do not forget to delete any WSSS.xml file from your parked_updates folder first.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Did you use PPG_MSFS to produce the airport file for your addon airport?

It looks you did not or you forgot to add a path to the folder where your addon airport is installed.

And do not forget to delete any WSSS.xml file from your parked_updates folder first.

(Note that PSXseeconTraffic does not recognise airports. It recognises the ICAO code for the lat/lon location of your user aircraft. It is your responsibility to install the right airport file for the airport scenery  that you are using, stock or add-on).

Hi Nico, 

To answer your question I did use the PPG application and I have made paths both to my Community folder and the Official folder. I thought because the WSSS payware resides in the Official Folder the ParkPosGenerator would have picked it up. 

John

P.S. I have rescanned everything in the PPG and it found some new airports. Now I am at WSSS but the PSXSeeconTraffic app is saying that I am at WSAC which is a military base nearby.. how is that possible?

Edited by ejy1

HI John,

If it says it is at WSAC then that is the airport PSXseeconTraffic thinks it is the nearest one, so it looks it has no info about WSSS ....

From what company did you buy the WSSS airport?  I have WSSS from cloudsurf asia. It is installed in the community folder. It is recognised by PPG_MSFS.

Note that add-on airports sold by Microsoft (Asobo) are encrypted (DRM) and their BGL (AFCAD) file cannot be read by third party add-ons like PPG_MSFS. 

Nico

Edited by kiek

That is the one that I have as well Nico. Awesome scenery.  Okay I am getting to know how your product works bit by bit. 

John