Sign in to follow this  
Guest bfindlay

Modifying airplane parameters in FSX?

Hi - I want to modify the 'airframe stress' crash level of the Trike. I am trying to simulate flights in more advanced trikes, and it is a pain cruising basically AT the stress level of the model - it crashes and resets the flight if I glance away for even a second.How do you modify this behaviour? Ideally I would like to set the crash speed to about 90mph instead of the mid70s it currently is at.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi - I want to modify the 'airframe stress' crash level of>the Trike. I am trying to simulate flights in more advanced>trikes, and it is a pain cruising basically AT the stress>level of the model - it crashes and resets the flight if I>glance away for even a second.>>How do you modify this behaviour? Ideally I would like to set>the crash speed to about 90mph instead of the mid70s it>currently is at.>>There is a utility program called AirWrench that might help you.http://www.mudpond.org/

Thanks - I gave it a shot. No dice. The one parameter that seemed relevant was Vmo - Vmax. I bumped it up from 65kt to 100 kt, but the Trike was then unflyable - as soon as you advanced the throttle, it torqued over onto its back. Wierd. Obviously that parameter did not do what I thought it should do (based on its name). There are TONS of parameters to fool around with, but I don't have the time or patience to work through the thousands and thousnands of permutations of 'tweak this' test etc. Basically, the AirWrench program LOOKED good, but was opaque in what it actually DID.I was hoping it was an easy, change one limit value sort of situation. Looks like it is not.THanks anyway.