Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Full screen on dual monitor system

Hi. I have just purchased a second monitor for my flight sim. The plan is to run things like SimToolkitPro, ChasePlane, Active Sky etc on my second monitor while running Prepar3D on the main monitor. I like to run Prepar3D in full screen mode, and when I tried my new dual monitor setup today I discovered that switching to full screen in Prepar3D also forces full screen on my second monitor - and that doesn't work, giving me a black screen on the second monitor. To be clear, both monitors run off the same PC, and I am running Windows 10. Both monitors are connected via HDMI to a GeForce GTX 1080, except that for the second monitor I have to use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, as I have only one HDMI port on my graphics card. What I want to do is to run Prepar3D in full screen but to have everything on my second monitor in normal windowed mode. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? 

Many thanks. 

There is an options setting to turn off the black screen when in full screen.

Edited by fleng200

René Moelaert

PMDG 744 Tech Team