Sign in to follow this  
Sparhawk

Traffic Global & Little NavMap

Hello... I use Traffic Global for my AI traffic, is there any way to get Traffic Globals AI aircraft to show up in LNM?

I will delete your previous post in the XPlane forum.  Keep in mind that you will not be able to edit your posts until you become a full member!  (about 10 posts)

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

50 minutes ago, Sparhawk said:

Hello... I use Traffic Global for my AI traffic, is there any way to get Traffic Globals AI aircraft to show up in LNM?

LNM can show AI or multiplayer traffic if the data is provided in the simulator using the new TCAS interface or the old datarefs. I don't know if Traffic Global does this.

Make sure that traffic is enabled in the LNM connection dialog and in the LNM view menu so that it is displayed on the map.

Alex

Hi Alex. I checked in LNM's Tools/Flight Simulator connection and in the X-Plane tab "Fetch AI or Multiplayer aircraft" & "Fetch AI multiplayer ships" were both ticked.

In the View menu Both "Show AI and Multiplayer aircraft" & "Show AI and Multiplayer ships" are selected.

With these settings No AI planes show up in LNM.

But if I go into X-Plane "Flight Configeration" menu and select "AI Aircraft" then "Add Aircraft" then add any aircraft then use the "Edit" tab. I get a list of avialable aircraft. In that list is the option "Traffic Global TCAS (other)". If I use that and Apply changes I do get 1 plane show up in LNM but when I view the plane in X-plane it is just a grey plane with No livery.

I think this is just X-Plane adding another plane as all of Traffic Global planes are still there with liveries.

I'm not too bothered about this not working in LNM as it is a great tool and is replacing 2 other Mods/tools I used in X-plane.

Thanks Sparhawk (Cliff)

1 hour ago, Sparhawk said:

But if I go into X-Plane "Flight Configeration" menu and select "AI Aircraft" then "Add Aircraft" then add any aircraft then use the "Edit" tab. I get a list of avialable aircraft.

Default AI is working fine.

If you use the DataRefTool (free) you can check if Traffic Global populates the required datarefs. Look for "sim/cockpit2/tcas/targets/position". There should be changing/flickering values for more than one aircraft (first is user).

Normally it should show in LNM too if it shows on TCAS displays in cockpit.

Alex

Hi Alex, I used DataRefTool and what i'm seeing is:- sim/cockpit2/tcas/targets/position/double/plane10                0.

I get loads of lines like this for planes 1 to 64 with 3 lines for each plane ele,lat & lon (I can see what they stand for) 

the only lines that have any values changing are right at the bottom. which I assume are for my plane as if I move my joystick more of these values turn cyan and the values change.

With the values for the planes 1 to 60 all having a 0 at the end and them not changing I assume this is why the planes don't show in LNM.

Like I said I'm not that bothered as with Traffic Global filling up most of the ramps. Being able to see them on LNM would help with parking.

Thanks for your help.

Cliff (Sparhawk)

P.s. If I try to use DataRefTools option "rescan datarefs and commands"  X-Plane crashes to desktop 😞

On 7/31/2021 at 1:56 PM, Sparhawk said:

I used DataRefTool and what i'm seeing is:- sim/cockpit2/tcas/targets/position/double/plane10                0.

This is the old traffic interface in X-Plane. Seems not to be used. No idea if Traffic Global populate this properly. There are all kind of issues with traffic and tools in X-Plane.

Alex