Sign in to follow this  
Goldenes Klo

Refile Plan after getting STAR?

Hello there, just a little Question: till now I had unchecked the "ATC Assigns SID/STAR/Approach" and filed them like Simbrief told me. Now I changed this and checked the options to get them from the ATC. How should I act now? Just file the flightplan without SID/STAR/APP and if I get them from the ATC refile? Because the flightplane did not update if I get the STAR for example... Is it the right way to refile the plan or is there any option I haven´t seen to update the Flightplan?

Thanks, Michael.

As in  the real world, if ATC gives you a procedure in flight, like a STAR, you have to enter it manually.  

To fly the STAR, you need to first enter it into your plane's GPS or FMS.  If you want to see it in P2A, you have to enter it into P2A.  However, this is not necessary for the flight to continue correctly because ATC has its own copy of the plan it has approved.  You should not file the plan as that resets the flight for ATC.

If you check the option to "Load Recommended Procedures" on the FltPln tab of Config, the flight plan will be altered with ATC assigned procedures when you File the plan before flight.  

Dave