Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Can't even run the update

So updated to SU5 last week.  Everything was working.  Then the hotfix comes out.  When I launch the sim it says that I need to go to the microsoft store and get the update.  However when I go to the store and click get updates it is not showing one available for MSFS.  So I can't run the simulator now.  any ideas?  Forced updates are the worst. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I only found update by going to Microsoft store and actually pressing play on the msfs2020 app in the store.  And the update Just started.

Hope this helps 

Steve

I thought that was going to work.  A box came up that said syncing data.  will be done soon.  I've never seen that before. However then it says a mandatory update is required...  So the loop continues. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

in case anybody else has this issue.  Uninstall any of your xbox apps.  Then reinstall.  That fixed it for me

• Like 1

I'm stuck in the endless game store loop. When I click the icon to run MSFS it takes me to the game store instead, then I click on the icon in game store and nothing, nada. No error messages or anything just doesn't do anything. It worked well after the SU5 last Thursday then on Sunday morning it started with this game store stuff. I believe it happened to a lot of people after SU4 as well. Still looking around the web for answers.

Mike

Edited by mschwartz
changed $ to 4