Sign in to follow this  
Guest wigerup

Abacus Fly the Airbus Fleet

Guest wigerup

Have anyone got the same problem as I. When loading up the FMC the "Database" failure, and database cannot load. I can not get the stored flightplans either. Running FSX.RegardsBjorn W

Hi dear wigerup:

I had the same problem as yours.I had purchased Abacus Fly The Airbus Fleet and the Abacus FMC "Database Fail".I have searched in Google and I solved the problem.Credit belongs to the previous uploader.

Reference:

1. http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=9&i=7125&t=7125

2.http://www.fsxtools.de/j/component/kunena/12-other-things/392-abacus-a380-airbus-special-edition-bug

"I found the problem. I am using 64-bit XP. Program is installed in "Program Files (x86)" folder instead of "Program Files" folder. But all Registry settings are based on "Prgram Files" folder. Minute I changed Program files value to Program files (x86) database started working."

I combined these two posts and finally came out the solution.

How to get the Database to load in the FMC
-Start (Start Search)
-typ "regedit" and press "Enter"
-Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
-Then to "Software"
-Choose "Abacus"
-Followed by "FMC"
-Choose the file "DataDir" and press right mouse button and make the choice "Modify"

Change FROM:
C:\Program Files\Abacus\FMCData
TO:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Abacus\FMCData

Important Note!

The important part is the last "C:\Program Files (x86)\Abacus\FMCData",It is because I discovered the Abacus FMCData folder is installed in Program Files (x86) folder.Before you change your registry value,please check whether the Abacus FMC folder is in Program Files (x86) or not.

Good luck friend!

After 7 years he gets his answer

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB