Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

Strange scenery FPS problem since SU5

Hi All

Not sure whether anyone has experienced this since SU5?

I am getting really strange performance issues when loading at some airports. I've seen this happen so far at Bolzano (LIPB), Innsbruck (with and without Orbx), and now Southampton (EGHI). 

It does not always happen, but when it does, it presents itself (particularly in outside views) whereby one direction (i.e. where the plane is pointed) shows great frame rates (often 50-60fps) , the other (opposite direction drops to around 18-20. Then when I take off the scenery becomes completely blurred. When I try to exit to Main Menu the sim freezes. Same pattern every time.

In general I am finding SU5 HF2 very good visually and mostly excellent performance, but v high GPU usage (99%) - so this problem may be related to GPU overload on my system at me settings, which are pretty high. The same settings worked fine in SU4... obviously I will have to try lower settings and report back

CPU; 4690k @4.4MHz factory clocked. Always been completely stable in P3D and MSFS in itself

32Gb RAM, NVMe 2Tb SSD; GTX1080 ti

1440p monitor GSync at 120Hz

VSync 60Hz on

LOD and Render scaling 200

Clouds and texture resolution ULTRA, other settings HIGH; 16X AF, 4X

Gauge refresh rate MEDIUM

Overall in spite of some good flights in Oceania and USA/Canada, I'm finding SU5 still quite unstable eg refusing to load add-ons like the CJ4 sometimes. Not too many CTDs thankfully once I load a flight, but frequent freezes whilst loading as well as the above issue.

Any other ideas welcome (i.e. taken as read that I need to test at lower settings)?

Thanks in advance