Sign in to follow this  
Redlander

How do you reset/center the trim for the elevators?

I know 'num pad 5' resets the trim for ailerons and rudder, but the elevators have no reset as far as I can tell.Any idea?

Guest JeffPreston

>I know 'num pad 5' resets the trim for ailerons and rudder,>but the elevators have no reset as far as I can tell.>>Any idea?>>An interesting question.From what I can recall, num pad 5 centers the ailerons and rudder, but does not reset (center) the trim for either of these.I'm not aware of any key which resets any of the trim adjustments.Would be handy though...!All the best -Jeff

Guest wyoming

which has a null-point (Saitek X52). Even it it hasn't, you can look at the indicator on the VC and align the wheel with the center mark.

I used the word 'resets' but should have used the word 'centers'.Anyway 'num 5' does center the ailersons and rudder, but not the elevators. I think it should!

This is what I use to set the elevator to the optimum position for takeoff:(A:Elevator trim position,part) 1400 (>K:ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET)Make a little button bitmap and stick it somewhere on the instrument panel.You'll need to experiment with the positioning number (the 1400 shown in the click statement) until you find the perfect spot.Hope this helps. Cheers, Bob