Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Jaggie taxi and runway lines AA

Is there any way to correct the taxi lines and runway lines ourselves?

some airports like flytampa Dubai rebooted  in P3d v5.2 just horrible.

thAnks 

mike

SSAA, and 16x Anisotropic filtering should do the trick. Though if it only happens at some airports, chances are that the material itself might be at fault.

4 minutes ago, arwasairl said:

SSAA, and 16x Anisotropic filtering should do the trick. Though if it only happens at some airports, chances are that the material itself might be at fault.

Hey,

I am using 4xssaa on a 2k Samsung g5 32 inch monitor with same results. 
most other airports are fine for eg flightbeam  and fsdt.

mike

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Hey,

I am using 4xssaa on a 2k Samsung g5 32 inch monitor with same results. 
most other airports are fine for eg flightbeam  and fsdt.

mike

Do you have a screenshot? The initial post wasn't really clear about the issue.

4 hours ago, arwasairl said:

Do you have a screenshot? The initial post wasn't really clear about the issue.

Not at pc at the moment.

could it be resolved by ncp?

thanks

mike

Hello.

I had the same problem no matter my settings in P3D. Solved it by using NCP in which I activated the AA (improve program settings from memory).

hope it helps you.

3 hours ago, Hoshou said:

Hello.

I had the same problem no matter my settings in P3D. Solved it by using NCP in which I activated the AA (improve program settings from memory).

hope it helps you.

Activated? It is by default? Automatic right?

or do I select on?

thanks

mike

I'm not on my PC now but I believe it is indeed not activated in the NCP's default option for P3D. You should select it.

59 minutes ago, Hoshou said:

I'm not on my PC now but I believe it is indeed not activated in the NCP's default option for P3D. You should select it.

Ok thanks. 
I will test and report.

mike

3 hours ago, Hoshou said:

I just checked and it’s on by default. Application controlled.

am I missing something?

mike

Considering that you are not in the global parameters but in the P3D options (second tab "program settings") change the "application controled" mode for "improve the program parameter" (or something like that, as mine is in french). Then, under the parameter below, choose 8X (maximum). 

4 hours ago, Hoshou said:

Considering that you are not in the global parameters but in the P3D options (second tab "program settings") change the "application controled" mode for "improve the program parameter" (or something like that, as mine is in french). Then, under the parameter below, choose 8X (maximum). 

Ok thanks 

I will test.

mike

On 8/17/2021 at 2:46 PM, Hoshou said:

So I tried as mentioned above,  thou the jagged / shimmering taxi lines and runway lines  are still visible in the distance.

Cheers

mike

7 hours ago, mikeymike said:

So I tried as mentioned above,  thou the jagged / shimmering taxi lines and runway lines  are still visible in the distance.

In the NVidia Control Panel / Manage 3D Settings / Program Settings / Prepar3D

There are options for Antialisasing e.g.

• Antialiasing - Mode = "Enhance the application setting"
  • Antialiasing - Transparancy = "2x, 4x or 8x Super Sampling"

Set as high as you can without overloading your GPU (I cannot really do more than 2x with my 1070ti GPU).

If you use the NVidia Inspector you'll have additional options for the above e.g. Sparse Grid Super Sampling 2x, 4x, or 8x

Sparse Grid Super Sampling is intended to function in combo with MSAA configured in the application.

For example you could set 4x Sparse Grid Super Sampling in the NVida Inspector and would then set MSAA 4x in P3D to fully activate.

Sparse Grid Super Sampling will function with other values of MSAA and SSAA but to a lesser extent and is only really activated when having matching values in the NI and MSAA in P3D, monitoring your GPU will show how much load is being applied.

Again setting as high as you can afford to without overloading your GPU would be the ideal, being aware Sparse Grid Super Sampling will be a very heavy user of GPU resources especially when there are lot of trees or clouds apply AA to.

If trialing use a same scenario test and be sure to be running a GPU monitor (a graph based one is best - I use GPU Tweak) and a restart of P3D will be needed to apply settings.

With the above it is possible to achieve some pretty good results, noting a powerful GPU would be essentual.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

4 hours ago, Rogen said:

In the NVidia Control Panel / Manage 3D Settings / Program Settings / Prepar3D

There are options for Antialisasing e.g.

• Antialiasing - Mode = "Enhance the application setting"
  • Antialiasing - Transparancy = "2x, 4x or 8x Super Sampling"

Set as high as you can without overloading your GPU (I cannot really do more than 2x with my 1070ti GPU).

If you use the NVidia Inspector you'll have additional options for the above e.g. Sparse Grid Super Sampling 2x, 4x, or 8x

Sparse Grid Super Sampling is intended to function in combo with MSAA configured in the application.

For example you could set 4x Sparse Grid Super Sampling in the NVida Inspector and would then set MSAA 4x in P3D to fully activate.

Sparse Grid Super Sampling will function with other values of MSAA and SSAA but to a lesser extent and is only really activated when having matching values in the NI and MSAA in P3D, monitoring your GPU will show how much load is being applied.

Again setting as high as you can afford to without overloading your GPU would be the ideal, being aware Sparse Grid Super Sampling will be a very heavy user of GPU resources especially when there are lot of trees or clouds apply AA to.

If trialing use a same scenario test and be sure to be running a GPU monitor (a graph based one is best - I use GPU Tweak) and a restart of P3D will be needed to apply settings.

With the above it is possible to achieve some pretty good results, noting a powerful GPU would be essentual.

Cheers

Thanks 

I will try nvidia inspector also

mike