Sign in to follow this  
kaptkurt

GTN750 not finding FPLN, database not found

Hi, 

Waded through the manual and even added an environment variable.   Alas just the GTNNAVDATA as that was the only one that matched a path I could find in the latest trainer.

I can start the GTN750 from X-Plane but it is clear that the GTN750 is not seeing any database files.  All databases are missing.   I there an updated path for these files for latest Garmin Trainer?  I can then try env. variables.

I am attaching the log file show the directory exists.   There is not anything like FPLN in the bin directory and I am not sure what the log

is actually saying is missing.     I  am lost between reading the latest release is happy with current trainer and a list of older trainers that seem to suggest I need to load otherwise.

Any direction that cuts a few hours of fiddling would be appreciated because I am getting too old to spend those hours out of the rest of my life 🙂   Thanks.

rxpGTNsim.dll.log

21/08/19 17:17:02.550 24748 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/08/19 17:17:02.549 24748 INFO ] 
21/08/19 17:17:44.146 24748 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6624
21/08/19 17:20:33.441 24748 INFO ] FPLN not found in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\Bin\

rxpGTN.xpl.log

21/08/19 17:16:59.892 24748 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.28.5
21/08/19 17:16:59.891 24748 INFO ] 

Garmin Trainer Version  v3.0.1.0

rxp version 2.5.28.5

Guess I need URL to get an image.  Hoped I could attach screen capture here.  Guess not.   Anyway, the path exists to the directory in rxp.GTNsim.dll.log

BTW... I see the list of files to download separately here in another post.   Can you tell me where they should be located?

I allowed install of databases and the Garmin trainer works fine.

I did uninstall and reinstall the Garmin trainer.   I seem to have what appear to be more files on my other drive.  I cannot discern what is a database file.

Edited by kaptkurt

So, never mind....

YES, it was the fact that the Garmin installation was on my F: drive.    Apparently rxp is looking in the C drive for whatever reason and the database was not there.   Despite putting an Environment Variable in that pointed to F drive it wasn't working.   I 

hunted around for a while on the machine once I finally found out one of the database names was (useful information).   I then copied that directory to the C drive program data and it is now working.

Now to go figure again where the heck the log files live so I can check and make sure it got everything it wanted and I am not just being overly optimistic.

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay with this.

There seems to be a problem for some customers when they are installing the trainer and/or the database in another folder than the default. Actually I've just received a tip an hour ago (!) which tells me that when you select another folder or drive in the Garmin trainer installer, and prior hitting "next" (or the equivalent), the installer displays the newly selected folder in a field. However, the trainer installer fails only because of a missing trailing back slash.

In other words, if you select a custom folder instead of the default, prior going on with the installation manually add a trailing back slash to the path. I don't know if this is actually working but I though it might be worth it passing the tip!

As for the log files, everything looks fine here.

21/08/19 17:20:33.441 24748 INFO ] FPLN not found in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\Bin\

NB: this is just informative (not WARN nor ERROR). This line is meant to tell you where the solution is expecting you to create the FPLN folder, should you want to enable the "Flight plan import" feature. This is further documented in the RXP GTN User's Manual.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm having the same issue after a fresh install. I have installed the Trainers on my G: drive since I'm out of space on my C: drive. Is there a way to tell it where the databases are? I have files called "safetaxi.bin" and others in a folder that I assume also has the NavData.

@Tolley

Hi, did you use the "tip" I've documented above?

On 9/3/2021 at 6:59 PM, RXP said:

In other words, if you select a custom folder instead of the default, prior going on with the installation manually add a trailing back slash to the path. I don't know if this is actually working but I though it might be worth it passing the tip!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)